Another Day. Another Bad Idea.

Another day. Another bad idea. Here it is…

Thinking it’s a good idea to indulge in the forgotten packs of Fun Dip at the bottom of the snack drawer while your parents peacefully sleep in on Mother’s Day morning. Then force your brother, “Mom, I swear…they made me eat it” to also eat massive amounts of Fun Dip, after, he claims, you two tied him to a kitchen chair while doing some strange, satanic, tribal Fun Dip dance around the kitchen, chanting, “Eat it, Eat it, Eat the Fun Dip!” Feeling thirsty after the Fun Dip dance, you all decide to chase down the numerous packs of Fun Dip with carton after carton of chocolate milk, which are supposed to be off-limits, as they are specially reserved for lunch box treats. In your sugar high you all forget to dispose of the evidence, which your mother discovers later in the day, as torn wrappers of Fun Dip and empty cartons of chocolate milk are scattered about the family room that you are not supposed to eat in.  And…if that’s not enough fun for one day, you all proceed to continue your sugar frenzy by gulping down Cherry Cokes at your grandmother’s house, resulting in all three of you acting like complete lunatics at the dinner table, causing your mother to drink more wine with dinner then she intended to.

Note to Self:  Immediately destroy all packs of Fun Dip that enter the house.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting, sarcasm and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Another Day. Another Bad Idea.

Ah Mother’s Day. It’s a shame it only comes once a year, eh? Here’s to a day of normalcy and no Fun Dip.

2. I love this. I’m a huge fan of anything you write that proves that my house is not the only house that behaves like this 😉 And… if it makes you feel any better, I ended my Mother’s Day by cleaning a strangely large poop out of the bathtub. Isn’t being a mom great? Enjoy your day after Mother’s Day… sounds like you earned it.

3. memaw says:

I don’t know what you’re talking about because “my angels” were perfectly well-behaved as they always are. I actually saw them sitting quietly, praying and polishing each others halos. What I did find strange was your choice to forgo the traditional wine glass in lieu of a “wine bong” while you happily lined up the empty red wine bottles in front of you.

4. Lisa says:

Don’t you just love how Mother’s Day usually turns into “about the kids” day. Ah, the joys and insanity of parenting.

Oh my! I was always somewhat entertained when the kid left evidence of her exploits. I hope you have a quiet, peaceful day today. 😉

6. pegoleg says:

I just found a package of Fun Dip in the pantry and my baby is 19. Are forgotten packages inherently dangerous; should I call the bomb squad? Or are they harmless unless activated by young kids?

7. I swear that some kids around here have Fun Dips with Red Bull. If we can harness that energy we would no longer have to rely on foreign oil.

8. Scholar Mel says:

I was always smart about these things growing up. I always told myself that if I was going to do something stupid at least try not to get caught.

My sister was like a siren when she did stupid things. I never understood this.

Tip: Did you know that you can turn on your threaded comments? In your dashboard it is located in general –> discussion –> Other comment settings –> Enable threaded (nested) comments (4) levels deep.

Threaded comments encourage more comments and make conversation easier. Hope that helps 🙂