The Facts of Life

“Jay, here’s the thing about penises…sometimes they just do stuff you can’t control. Nobody knows why. It’s just the way it is.” Will-10 to Jay-8

There’s not a whole lot I can contribute to that…I think that about sums it up.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Facts of Life

1. O. Leonard says:

Just makes you wonder what the conversation was about that led to the comment. But, it does kinda say it all.

Boy, I would’ve loved to hear the lead-in to that, as well. Sometimes the conversation piece you walk in on is FAR better than the whole conversation. Though, I have to say from experience, that assuming that “part of the body” is a voluntary muscle (or reaction or whatever) is a complete lie! šŸ˜‰

3. Wow, a lot of politicians and sports figures could be using that line. Will has a great career possibility ahead of him.

• Renee, that’s so funny because my husband just said to me the other evening, “Honey, you need to be careful about what you post. Someday our kids might have political aspirations and this stuff will come back to haunt them.” Actually, I did hesitate before I posted this, not sure if some would be offended. I actually cringed as I hit the “publish” button, but I just loved the innocence in the older brother sharing his wisdom with his naive younger brother…plus I thought it was hilarious!

4. Thypolar says:

That’s way better than any of the conversations I’ve heard between my boys. Hilarious!

5. Sandi Ormsby says:

Hahahah! My son discusses things with his sister. They openly talk about their “gyna” and “penis” and discovered long ago that boys and girls differ. (They are now 5 & 7) I had to explain the other day:

Although, we should not be embarrassed by our body parts, we shouldn’t discuss our private area casually in front of others. It’s not appropriate.

and JOY- Some other boy taught my son a new word. I had to tell him “balls” are for bouncing and sports- not to refer to his body. Now, if I can just get them to stop announcing out loud “I just farted” or “Who farted?” that would be awesome!

Sandi
    Lake Forest, California USA

6. judithhb says:

Oh I just love the things kids say. Many moons ago when my son was just about 6 he announced at the dinner table “I learned a new word today vigyna” (his pronunciation). When asked what it meant he replied he didn’t know but would use it as often as he could so people would know how grown up he was.

And thanks for liking my post on the Family Face.
    Judith

7. I got a very similar saying in a fortune cookie once.
    šŸ™‚

Oh, how I wish I was a fly on the wall during that conversation. I will bookmark this post, Young America. Oh yes, I will bookmark this post. And, I will quote your boys, when/if my boys ever ask me questions. Well, questions related to penises, of course. I’m not just going to quote your boys if my boys are talking about the weather or what’s for dinner. ~ Lenore