“Mom, I’m just wondering about something. What do you think would happen if I accidentally ate an entire bag of Skittles before breakfast? Do you think it would help me on my math test today?” Will-10

Evidence found under the bed

There have been an abundance of these so-called “accidents” occurring in my home over the last several months. Here is my list of the Top Ten “Mom, what do you think would happen if I accidentally on purpose did something completely stupid?” for your reeading pleasure.

1.  “Mom, what do you think would happen if I accidentally forgot to turn off the hose last night?”

2.  “Mom, what do you think would happen if I accidentally ate an entire package of Oreo cookies behind the couch when nobody was looking?”

3.  “Mom, what do you think would happen if I accidentally ate a few extra vitamins because they tasted really good and I have no self-control?”

4.  “Mom, what do you think would happen if I accidentally flushed a golf ball down the toilet?”

5.  “Mom, what do you think would happen if I accidentally tried to ride my skateboard down the slide?”

6.  “Mom, what do you think would happen if I accidentally took your pearl earings out of your jewelry box, wore them for about 5 minutes, stuck them in my pocket and lost them forever?”

7.   “Mom, what do you think would happen if I accidentally shook an entire bottle of baby powder all over the bathroom to mimic an East Coast snowstorm?”

8.  “Mom, what do you think would happen if I accidentally licked a worm because I thought it would be funny?”

9.  “Mom, what do you think would happen if I accidentally ate yellow snow because I thought that would be funny too?”

10. “Mom, what do you think would happen if I accidentally swallowed a ball bearing or two…or maybe even three?”

I would love to hear your own version of “Mom, what do you think would happen if I accidentally on purpose did something completely stupid?” stories. Misery always loves company. Please share.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Mom, What Do You Think Would Happen If I Accidentally On Purpose Did Something Completely Stupid? And now I’m afraid I might die!

Taking number 4 as an example, my mother’s response would have been “What do I think will happen to the toilet or what do I think will happen to you if you did it?”

I love the “accidentally” doing purposeful things. While #1 strikes me as no real problem (unless he left the nozzle on as well), most of the rest would generate the answer (which my parents firmly believed in) of “Try it”. Except the toilet – that would get a “You do it, you mop up the (stuff) with your toothbrush!”
    I never asked permission – I did dumb things, and the parents firmly supported my right to get myself sick or injure myself (NOT seriously). Like the day I decided to jump from our front landing (10 feet up) to the grass, on a dare from my sister. I just missed, landing on the concrete with my head. (Miraculously, the sidewalk did NOT shatter.) I ended up in the ER, conscious, chatting with the nurses who recognised me from several weeks earlier, from a trip with a smashed finger (another stupid stunt). The classic parental feedback came when I tried to use a small step-down on our land as a bicycle ramp. I flew off the top (about a foot tall), hit front wheel first, went over the handlebars, did a somersault unintentionally, and landed on my feet. (That was the most amazing of all, since I’ve never mastered chewing gum and walking, same time or not! 😉 ) My dad was watching, started laughing and applauding, I took a bow, and our retired neighbor wanted to pound my father for not running to my side to care for me. It was shortly after we moved in – the old gent hadn’t learned the wonderfully complex relationship my dad and I had. I screw up, Dad laughed and said “I told you so”, and I learned my lesson. Simple! ;D

First, I love your new Gravatar picture. Lovely.
    Second, I had to wait several minutes before I made it to #2, because #1 had me laughing out loud (hard). I kid you not when I say I had to call the boys home (from the neighbor’s house), because I came outside and found they did not turn the water hose off.

My nephew thought it would be fun to sock surf down a slide. After breaking his ankle, he decided it wasn’t too fun.

Swallowed a ball bearing? No, but a quarter? Yes. I found out about the quarter, because number one son had an Xray done to check for pneumonia. No pneumonia; but, they found a quarter.

So many stories – so little time. (smile) ~ Lenore

• Thanks Lenore. It’s rare I take a decent picture. I usually try too hard and just end up looking like a crazed serial killer. 😉
      A quarter!!! Did they have to remove it? Thankfully, Jay passed his ball bearings so we avoided a trip to the emergency room.
      Kids doing stupid stuff is a right of passage and makes for some good stories…after the fact. Thanks for sharing.

4. I just know this kid has a bright future ahead of him in politics.

….Like “I did eat those ball bearings but did not realize they belonged to my intern. I welcome this kind of examination because people have got to know whether or not their President is a crook. Well, I’m not a crook…”

6. Hmm… not sure I have any stories to share, but it seems like there could be some addition / subtraction practice in that bag-o-Skittles thing, so… you know… that could work… maybe…

7. Trina says:

LOL! I think I like #3 the best!

You could try turning the tables on him. 🙂
    Will, what do you think would happen if I accidentally cooked broccoli every night for the rest of your life?

9. Your response: “What happened if I accidentely on purpose grounded you until your 18?”