Shocking Realization

“Mom, did you know that I’m actually closer to being 20 then you are? And, by a lot.”  Anna-11

What?!? How the hell did this happen? I was 20 just last week…right? This must be some sort of cruel joke. Am I being Punk’d? Is that show even on anymore? Please don’t tell me that Ashton Kutcher is now in his forties too. This sucks.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Shocking Realization

Hahahahahahahaha! That is hilarious!

2. Megan Bieber says:

Christopher Ashton Kutcher
    February 7, 1978 (1978-02-07) (age 33)

You’re all set

I used to say stuff like this to my mom. Normally she would mumble something about “Them are fightin’ words” and I would be grounded, inexplicably and indefinitely 🙂

Hey, you need to teach that girl some proper math! You’re both the SAME distance from 20! She’s 11, and you’re 29, so you’re both 9 years off! (Just warn me ahead of time next year, and I’ll work out some proof to show that the kid is STILL farther from 20 than you are! 😀 )

• John! You are a genius! You need to patent that math proof and make women everywhere years younger. 😉

• dragonfae says:

Damn … John beat me to it! Yep, you’re only 29 and will never age another day. 😀

• Dragonfae, that sounds good to me…29 was a great year. Now if we could only change the date on my drivers license. Maybe John has some scheme for that as well. 😉

• John Erickson says:

Let’s see – the obvious would be a typo, but you’d have to back up the accusation. How about it being the date your parents decided to have a child? That’d give you about a year….. Or maybe, as a tribute to your parents, you had your birthdate back-dated to the day of their wedding? That should buy you a little time. (And give me a chance to come up with something FAR wittier! 😀 )

• John you are always thinking! I like that about you. 😉
            Why don’t you have a blog? Or am I just missing out?

• John Erickson says:

Despite several requests, I don’t have a blog of my own. In all seriousness, I’m a “reactor” – I have trouble coming up with ideas out of the blue, but I love feeding off other people’s ideas. Though my buddy Frank over at AFrankAngle on WordPress has convinced me to do a monthly “Ask John” series, once again using other people’s questions as fodder for my warped imagination. Who knows, maybe I’ll get inspired, and (with a LOT of help) turn it into a blog. In the meantime, I’ll just spread my unique form of humour to all those willing to put up with me!

5. Yeah, that sucks big time.
    And I still feel 20! Serious.
    WTH?

I hope she was severely punished for saying such a thing 😛

7. Scholar Mel says:

Ashton Kutcher is 34 I believe. He just dates (or is it married) a woman in her 40’s.

• Thanks for the info Scholar Mel. Kutcher is a lucky man…women in their 40’s are fabulous creatures. 😉

• John Erickson says:

I agree, my first crush was on a woman in her 40s (well, she was in her 20s when I saw her on TV). The disturbing point in my life was when I realised that my target age of women had insidiously shifted from older than I am to younger. Man, why not just drop a battleship on my ego? 😀

8. jsh0608 says:

Kids say the darndest things for sure. I don’t have any kids yet, but I have lots of cousins, nieces, and nephews, so I hear everything. I will be 30 next year and I’m not looking forward to it…but I’m sure once May 11, comes next year I will embrace it with half opened arms. :0)

9. I said the same thing to my mother when I was Anna’s age. I didn’t get ice cream for dessert that night.