Those Rich Dudes

Mom, who made more money, the dude that invented the popsicle or the guy who invented electricity…what was his name again?” Jay-8

The dude that invented the popsicle owes his fame and fortune to the guy who discovered electricity. Without him, the popsicle dude would be just another guy with sugar-water.

Maybe we should consider sending this kid toย summer school.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Those Rich Dudes

1. MeMa says:

That’s my grandson, he’s such a deep thinker.

Hey, it’s not that bad a question. For electricity, you need wires, poles, transformers, generators, all sorts of stuff. For the Popsicle, you need orange food dye, orange flavour, sugar, and water. Better profit margins! Who knows, maybe you’re really raising the next Gordon Gecko? ๐Ÿ˜€

Nice response, Mom! I was waiting to find out who was richer. Perhaps I need to go back to school. Okay, but seriously, which dude is richer?

just another guy with sugar-water…. that is great!

The original sugar daddy?

5. I wonder what would happen if I introduced the two…
    you don’t think it would be a bad idea to test out a Popsicle in a standard household outlet?!
    ๐Ÿ™‚

• John Erickson says:

If you want to try that, you can eliminate the Popsicle all together. Just cut a power cord and lick the exposed wires! A veritable taste treat in copper! Though what’s far more fun is to try it wearing braces on your teeth. I was doing some electrical work with my dad, while I had braces. I had my feet on a grounded pipe while putting an outlet cover over the outlets. I slipped from the screw and jammed the screwdriver into the outlet. Not only did it blow my backside across the room, but I tasted the steel of the braces for a week!
      But it had no other effects. I’m still the … still the … still the same strange person I’ve always b-b-b-been.

• richripley says:

Now that’s funny!

• John Erickson says:

Oh Rich, I have DOZENS of “getting electrocuted” stories. And horrific plumbing stories. And just plain bonehead stories. Like the time I leaped off my parents’ front porch (10′ in the air), missed the grass I was aiming for, and landed on the concrete. I stayed conscious, and was so calm and collected, I started chatting up the nurses, who recognised me from several weeks earlier when I was in with a smashed left index finger. Mind you, I was all of 7 at the time, and my mother was freaking out.
          And the time I sanded the skin off my feet until I bled, walking along the sidewall of a concrete pool.
          And the time my dad and I got stoned off paint fumes repainting one of our cars. And so on…….
          All part of the wonder that is me! ๐Ÿ˜€

• I have some safety concerns with all of the above.

• Tony McGurk says:

Ha Ha Hilarious story John

• SIG, that sounds like a cool photography experiment. Just be careful. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I was sure the Popsicle inventing bloke came 1st. Goes to show how wrong I can be

7. Hahahah.
    ha.
    HA.
    hahahahahahahahhaa…. Omgosh, such a great read with my morning coffee; thanks, I just spit half of it on my computer!

8. Emjayandthem says:

Funny, funny stuff. Glad to know other Moms have “those thoughts” about their kids, too.

MJ