A Gift To Remember

“Hey guys! What should we get Daddy for Father’s Day?”

“How about a Lamborghini?” Jay-8

“Until your rap career is up and running, that’s a bit out of our price range.”

“How about a used Lamborghini?”  Jay-8

“Still out of our price range.”

“How about a Nerf Gun?” Will-10

“Let’s think about the things that Daddy would want.”

“How about a new cell phone?” Anna-11

“Nice try. Again, let’s think of Daddy and not ourselves.”

“How about an archery set?” Will-10

“Too dangerous. I don’t want to spend the day in the emergency room.”

“How about a big bag of money?” Jay-8

“Well, how much do you have?”

“I think I’ve got 5 bucks, but I haven’t seen it for a while. I bet somebody stole it” Jay-8

“Jay, nobody stole it. You probably lost it. You lose everything.” Will-10

“How about a trip to Paris?” Anna-11

“A bit extravagant. What else?”

“How about a giant booger out of my nose that says, ‘#1 Dad’?” Jay-8

“Very funny. Can we please be serious?”

“I was being serious. How about a rap song about cheese?” Jay-8

“How about a rap song about Daddy?”

“Nothing rhymes with Daddy except caddy and he doesn’t play golf. How about this…

I back you up, I snap you up

I catch you up, I throw you up

Whatz up, Whatz up?

The sky is up

Peace out!”

Jay-8

Happy Father’s Day.  Wishing everyone a perfectly ridiculous day.

This entry was posted in Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to A Gift To Remember

Oh man, if I had kids, I’d go for the Nerf guns. Mind you, I’d slip out early in the morning, and find the Nerf machine gun, and set up a killer ambush!
    Hmm. Maybe I’ve been hitting the military tactics books a BIT too hard recently…….
    Happy Fathers’ Day to all (as appropriate), and to all a good Sunday! 😀

2. Lisa (Woman Wielding Words) says:

I thing this blog post is the perfect Father’s Day gift. 😀

3. LeRoy Dean says:

A “Wow” post!

4. bearman says:

How about a giant booger out of my nose that says, ‘#1 Dad’?” I’d pay money to see that.

5. Connie Squido Spadafore says:

Your kids are very funny! How do you not laugh all day long? Happy Fathers Day T!

6. jsh0608 says:

If we had kids, my husband would definitely be happy with the nerf gun. He is a big kid himself. :0) Oh and your son Jay is a trip. The things he says. Puts a smile on my face. :0)

• Thanks Jsh! The purpose of this blog is to force myself to find the funny stuff in the “sometimes” frustrating job of parenting. It helps me keep things in perspective and keeps me smiling. Glad you’re smiling too!

7. debbie goldberg says:

I love this one, Nancy! ROTFL

deb

8. That rap was perfect! And, you know, my husband WAS a caddy, so we’re totally stealing that for next year…

9. Hahaha…
    that song would take Billboard by storm! 🙂

10. MeMa says:

I consider myself very fortunate to have had Jay perform his rap song live for me yesterday. I’m really looking forward to the day we can all go to a full concert. Just think he’ll be able to shoot baskets, hit home runs, be a ninja all while performing one his rap songs. Now, that’ll be one hot ticket concert!

Okay, I’ll try a response down here. You’re doing the right thing by not letting the boys paint their guns. Don’t let them play with the guns outside after dark, or hang flashlights or lasers on them. Same reasons – too easy to mistake for the real thing. And maybe THIS post will take!

What? No socks 😦

13. Oh, man. Oh, man. I wish I’d read this yesterday so I could’ve shared it with Ba.D. then! Priceless.

14. Scholar Mel says:

If I was a dad I would want that $400 camera. Wait, I’m not a dad and I still want that $400 camera.