Brothers Don’t Let Brothers Eat Embarrassing Lunches

“Will, you can NOT let Mom put your sandwich in THAT container for lunch?” Jay-8

“Why not? I can’t eat a squished sandwich.” Will-10

“Why?!? Because it says, ‘Lunch-Munch, Yum-Yum’ and there are happy animals dancing on the lid. You might as well wear a sign to camp that says, ‘I’m a baby. My Mommy makes me wear diapers.’ Be a man and eat the squished sandwich.” Jay-8

Phew! Another embarrassing lunch avoided.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Brothers Don’t Let Brothers Eat Embarrassing Lunches

So proud of my boys…However, I think that would be a problem at one of the various sports camps. At Chemistry camp…not so much.

2. Lisa (Woman Wielding Words) says:

LOL. Of course, I thought the rules were different. I thought siblings were supposed to trick you into embarrassing things.

3. Jay-8 is quite the little dictator, isn’t he? Do we have a future politician on our hands? Ha..ha..

4. Too funny! I’m going to start using that when ever I see someone in a man-up situation. I’ll say “dude, be a man and eat the squished sandwich.” No one will know what the hell I’m talking about. It will be awesome. Thanks Jay!

• Brown Road, maybe you’ll start a new trend…
      Random guy says, “Hey man, I’m not swimming in that shark infested water.” Brown Road responds, “C’mon dude, be a man and eat the squished sandwich.” 😉

5. Renee Mason says:

Your posts always leave me with the wee regret of only ever having one child; I clearly have missed some amazing conversations!

Sacrifice a sandwich to save face? NEVER! PB&Js are the worst, when squished. Get a marker and add the word “choose” to the sign. “I choose to be a baby…. I choose to wear diapers. I choose to protect my sandwich at all costs.”

• jonolan says:

I’m with you, Lenore. Keeping my sandwich from getting squished beats “face” every time.

Of course in my childhood days if someone teased my about such things I’d have just kept “face” by beating the teaser’s face in. Nowadays that’s frowned upon a lot, lot, lot more since the schools no longer allow students to settle their issues.

• Jonolan, call me old school, but I think sometimes kids need to figure things out on their own. Helicopter parenting is going to ruin the youth of today. It’s good for a teaser to get a taste of his own medicine. 😉

• Exactly, Lenore. Who wants to eat a squished PB&J? It’s enough to make a grown man cry, let alone a skinny, little 10 -year-old. 😉

7. johncerickson says:

All these years, I never realised the damage potential of a simple lunch. Maybe that was Hitler’s problem? Mom packed him embarrassing lunches, kids made fun, he got an inferiority complex, and had to take over the world? This could be big news on the history front, and could also explain Napoleon, Alexander, Genghis Khan…..
    Just think how many more years of peace we could have had, if only Momma Stalin had given little Joseph a less embarrassing lunchbox. The mind boggles….

8. Sherry K. says:

Ha, ha, ha….very cute indeed!!

Oh No!!! You mean I gotta get a new lunch box too???
    Your kids are just hilarious.

10. I have the same lunch box. biggest difference is I wear the diapers by choice.

Lunch has always been a status symbol.

12. Hahaha…
    I’m down with that. Just as long as I can keep asking my wife to cut off the crust.

You know, either manhood seems to be younger and younger these days or I’m getting old. 🙂

“Be a man and eat the squished sandwich” … .LMAO! I love it! 🙂

15. jsh0608 says:

Jay surely does put a smile on my face. Things he says, classic. :0)