He Begs, Borrows and Steals…only sometimes

“Mom, Jay snuck into my room and stole all the gum out of my gumball machine.” Will-10

“No, I didn’t! I only stole some of it.” Jay-8

“Jay, you stole 98% of it. You left me with 2 pieces.” Will-10

“Will, it’s ok. You can’t eat it anyway. You’ve got those braces on.” Jay-8

“I know that Jay, but you can’t just sneak in my room and take my stuff.”    Will-10

“C’mon Will, don’t be mad. I’ll give you some money to buy more gum.” Jay-8

“Jay, you don’t even have any money.” Will-10

“Oh yes, I do. I borrowed eight bucks from Anna’s room.” Jay-8

So, that’s where the little rascal has been getting the gum.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to He Begs, Borrows and Steals…only sometimes

1. Lisa (Woman Wielding Words) says:

Anna needs a lock box or a safe. :greenman:

Hahahaha! Forwarded this to my sisters, who constantly came upstairs dressed head to toe in my outfits only to respond with a ” Oh, well I found this in my laundry basket”….to which I asked “The shoes and earrings, too?”. Siblings 😦

Priceless. Timeless, even.

For those that have seen the movie Kicking and Screaming…Jay is Ditka and Will is Will Ferrell.
    “Hey, hey, get a grip on yourself, okay? Man Up!”
    “I can’t”
    “You’d better or else I am gettin’ outta here. Here drink this coffee”
    “I don’t drink coffee its a vasoconstrictor”
    “Hey, coffee is the number one drink in the world, everybody drinks it…even little kids in Mexico drink coffee.”
    “Yeah, well I’m not a little kid in Mexico”…
    “Drink the coffee, it will Make you feel better!”

5. johncerickson says:

Hmm… They haven’t been studying politics in Jay’s class, have they? Boy’s got a whiff of Rod Blagojevich about him. (And from a Chicagoan, that’s a compliment!) 😀
    Or is this how Charles Ponzi got his start? 😉

6. MeMa says:

My grandchildren leap out of bed each morning, make their beds, clean-up their rooms, wash their faces, brush their teeth, and get dressed for the day. They come down to the kitchen where they greet you with a huge smile and pleasant “Good Morning.” They proceed to make their own breakfasts, clean-up after themselves and start the various chores that have been assigned to them and then it’s on to their own activities. All of this is done with a smile. They never bicker or argue – they each cherish the fact that they have siblings and are so very grateful that they do. When the day is done and they are told that it’s bed time, they immediately arise, take their showers, putting their dirty clothes in the hamper and brushing their teeth. They bid you and their father an enjoyable evening and off to bed they go. I have no idea who those kids are that you depict here as my grandchildren are angels from heaven and perfect it every way.

OK, WordPress needs to add “Like” buttons for comments … MeMa’s comment is priceless! 😉

• johncerickson says:

Add my vote for MeMa’s post. Perfect! 🙂

• MeMa has a sign at her house that says, “What happens at Grandma’s, stays at Grandma’s.” I consider her one of them…she can’t be trusted. 😉

• johncerickson says:

Well, if you think of aging as a circle, with newborns and the very elderly at the bottom, both needing a great deal of care, and with “middle age” at the top, think about this – your boys are probably pretty close to the same point on the circle as your parents. (I’m guessing, being FAR too polite – and interested in surviving – to dare ask your parents’ age.) Therefore, they ARE working together, since they’re at similar points on “the circle of life”.
        Just be grateful your parents aren’t really young. Then the boys and your folks would hit the “point of correlation” when the boys are teens. Facing your parents and your teenage boys in collusion – think about that for a second. Now, don’t you feel better? 😀

• MeMa says:

Say what???? “Elderly?” You can’t possibly be referring to me and I only report what is true. The grandchildren are perfection and your survival is in serious jeopardy.

• johncerickson says:

No, no, you misunderstand. I only used the term “elderly” to refer to the far bottom of the scale, a VERY long way from where you are right now. After all, with such a youthful daughter, who could possibly conceive of you as “elderly”? The mere thought is preposterous!
          And I never meant to cast aspersions on your lovely grandchildren. By “collusion”, all I meant was you and they working together to make the planet a MUCH more beautiful and fun place to live!
          (Am I tap-dancing fast enough yet, or am I still in the minefield? 😀 )

• MeMa says:

Keep dancing!

• John, don’t let her scare you. She’s just having fun with you. 😉

• johncerickson says:

We interrupt your blog for an important announcement. We here at John Erickson Incorporated have been made aware that one of our personalities has posted at least two unauthorised entries earlier today. We want you to know that the statements made by this personality, do not necessarily reflect the opinions of John Erickson Inc., its’ constituent personalities or subsidiaries. We apologise for this unauthorised use of the online identity of John Erickson Inc, and any or all offence generated by said statements. We also wish to inform you that said rogue personality has been detained for questioning and possible legal actions.
            Thank you for your attention and patience. We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog, already in progress.

8. pegoleg says:

The really remarkable thing here, is Will’s grasp of math. I didn’t figure out percentages until I was 20!

9. *om nom nom*
    check out this ginormous bubble…

10. jsh0608 says:

OMG that is just hilarious!!! Hehehe :0)

ROTFL … the comments between MeMa and John are hilarious. See what I have to miss out on being at work? And John, did you let Blackjack get to the computer again? 😀

• Damn job! It ruins all the fun. 😉

• johncerickson says:

Oh, DragonFae, I wish I could blame it on Blackjack, but this time, he’s innocent. As I said on another lady’s blog, I have a “choir of voices” inside my head. (Well, most of ’em are in the head. Some make the commute from elsewhere – there’s a good-size condo site behind the left lung commanding some big prices for the “fresh air”.) The brain steers based on consensus. Every once in a while, one of the personalities slips past the fence – one of ’em got to the fingers yesterday, and sabotaged what I was trying to say. He’s been detained and is currently being held in maximum security (don’t ask where) until the rest of me decides what to do with me. Until then, I promise we’ll be more careful with access to the Email.
      Oh, and there’s a small group on safari among the right toes, that wanted to say “Hi!”.

• John, I love the “choir of voices” in your head. They are always welcome here…let them rip! I’m especially fond of the gang that live in the condo behind your left lung. I hear they know how to have a good time. Please give a shout out to the crew that are currently on safari. I’m a bit jealous, as I’ve always wanted to go on one myself. 😉

Sounds lie he will grow up to work for the Government’s Taxation Department