The Sandwich, Part II

“Mom, can you make my meatball sandwich without sauce? I hate when my meatballs are saucy….the sauce makes it disgusting. And please, no cheese. I hate when it’s cheesy…it makes me want to throw-up. Oh, and one more thing…can you skip the bread? I hate when it’s too bready…it’s way too gross that way.  Thanks, Mom.”      Will-10

If you missed out on The Sandwich (Part I), please feel free to check it out at  https://youngamericanwisdom.com/2011/04/29/the-sandwich/.

So, tell me. How do you prefer your meatball sandwiches? Saucy? Cheesy? Bready?           Or, do you prefer just plain ‘ol meatballs rolling around on your plate?

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to The Sandwich, Part II

1. Lisa (Woman Wielding Words) says:

“On top of spaghetti, all covered with cheese, sat one little meatball, ’til somebody sneezed.” Sarah sneezed her meatball off a plate in a restaurant a few weeks ago. They brought her a new one. I know, this doesn’t really answer your question, but I couldn’t resist.

Saucy, cheesey and bready. Hold the meatball, please!

3. LeRoy Dean says:

Luv these kids!

If it is just meatballs, its not really a sandwich.

5. Megan Bieber says:

You have a wise and knowing husband

For certain foods, it’s all about the format presentation. I have a friend who would eat hamburgers but not meatballs. No amount of explaining to her that it’s basically the same thing would convince her to try meatballs.

7. johncerickson says:

Wow – first economics, now metaphysics. “Can a meatball sandwich, without sauce, cheese and bread, still be a sandwich?” “How many parts of a sandwich can you remove and still call it a sandwich?” “A sandwich, by any other name, is still meatballs.”
    Whoops – sorry, that last one is classic literature, especially how to paraphrase Shakespeare. 😉
    Gimme the works, hold the onions. And no green peppers if you want to be within 20 feet of me anytime in the following 24 hours. (EEWWW!!!!) 😀

8. Hahaha…
    I might have to try one of each and then get back to you on that.
    *om nom nom*