My Favorite Vegetable Is A Corn Dog

“Mom, I’ve got a question for you…did the Hopi American Indians eat a lot of corn dogs? I hear they really liked their corn.”  Jay-8

For those of you who were wondering about the duct tape…

Apparently, this kid takes his Native American studies seriously.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to My Favorite Vegetable Is A Corn Dog

1. Lisa (Woman Wielding Words) says:

Did you know that, according to The Omnivore’s Dillema, we have more corn in us now than the original People of the Corn? Maybe it comes from eating all those corn dogs.

• Lisa, what’s his take on corn dogs? Vegetable group, meat group or fats and oils group?
      Personally, I think they should have more food on sticks…Hey, I think I just quoted a movie, but I can’t remember which one. 😉

• Lisa (Woman Wielding Words) says:

Honestly, I think he would put them in the “stay the hell away from group” (except he would just make you feel really bad about eating them, all through intelligent discussion.) 😉 You may have quoted a movie, but I’d claim it as your own brilliant saying. I completely agree, I think they should have more food on sticks.

2. zomelie says:

I guess duct tape can be used for anything.

3. Hi Nancy..thought it best to comment on your blog…just wanted to say a massive thank you for getting my little book…as for my fav character it changes from week to week..just now I think its Ernest who is loosely based on someone I know…but my little daughter and her friends love Zac the best….so your in good company…a hundred thank you’s for reading and enjoying folk of feodora’s lane….and spread thw word …could you do me a little favour and if you get a chance do me a review on amazon or whatever retailer you got it….i would appreciate it so much…keep in touch Eliza x

4. johncerickson says:

Count yourself lucky. I remember a mis-adventure in trying to make a spear. Used wood, rayon twine, and an honest-to-goodness rock for the head. My dad tried to use it as a stick to swat a raccoon marauding the garbage cans. Took us 6 months to find the spearhead – buried point up in the lawn, just shy of mower blade level.
    For some odd reason, I was banned from further experiments…..

5. Hahaha… historical accuracy looses some of it’s appeal when your corn dogs might be in jeopardy…

Hello, the Indians invented corn dogs. I swear 🙂 I had a car once that was held together entirely of duct tape. Moral of the story, never go to a drive thru car wash if your car is held together with duct tape 😦

• johncerickson says:

Never use duct tape on the car. Use fibered roofing cement. The fibered part is crucial. My father and I used that to hold the inner and outer parts of my Vega’s doors together. Works great! 😀

7. msmouse7 says:

Gotta luv Jay; he is thinking outside the box, the circle, the entire stratosphere. And personally, I’m kinda with him on the corn dogs.

Yeah Mom, er Young American, did they? And well – they didn’t use dogs, did they?
    The spear is awesome!!!

Mmm… Here in Australia we have things called Cornjacks which are a Chiko roll with a creamy corn filling. Don’t know if they are the same thing or not but I love them.

Good to see the duct tape was put to good use.

11. Pingback: The following statement changed everything: No cameras allowed | Lenore Diane's Thoughts Exactly