Kid, You’re Killing Me!

“Mom, no offense or anything, but I can’t hold your hand anymore. I mean, I still sorta wanna and I still really like you a whole bunch, but if anyone saw me holding your hand it would ruin my life. How about if I give you a hug when we get home instead?”  Will-10

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Kid, You’re Killing Me!

1. Awwwww… so sweet, and sad 😦 I’m really glad that he still likes you a whole bunch, at least. And, of course… thanks for the AWESOME Buffy clip. She’s my favorite!

This is sweet and funny at the same time. The Buffy clip – because of the way you are using it – makes me giggle. And Will’s request makes me sad. I just left my youngest at kindergarten orientation. I gave him the hug and kiss he requested – still the teachers had to pry him from me, because he did not want me to leave. [Insert Buffy clip here.]

3. That makes me sad… I don’t get to hold my kid’s hands anymore either. They never actually said that to me, it just sort of faded away.

4. Lisa (Woman Wielding Words) says:

Have you ever noticed that there is the perfect Buffy clip for every occasion? I’m sorry that your son has reached that stage, but it doesn’t matter, he still loves you. You are still his Mom.

No! Have you tried the Buffy cry to persuade him. I like to think my boy will be delighted to hold my hand until he’s 30 😦

6. O. Leonard says:

That is just too cute. “I still sorta wanna,” but I can’t. Thanks for the smile.

Hey, it’s not all bad. You trade a little casual hand-holding for more warm hugs! It might just be the guy in me, but I’d have to vote that a win – a transition, which is always hard, but a definite win!

8. Renee Mason says:

That was precious; you just can’t make up the stuff that comes out of their mouths. Maybe all moms should be stand-up comics?

9. Pingback: Mr. Man will not deter me today | Lenore Diane's Thoughts Exactly

I will hold your hand anytime, honey.

*wistful smile* They do grow up too fast don’t they?

12. Oh, no!
    But it’s Friday! You’re not allowed to be sad on a Friday, Y.A.W.!

13. My daughter grabbed my hand at the ice-skating rink the other day, and I’m surprised my heart didn’t melt the ice.

14. cinderelly says:

Two years ago, our younger son didn’t mind being seen with us. He’s 14 now and won’t even sit on the sofa if one of us is sitting on it. It only gets worse until they hit their twenties and suddenly you’re considered a friend.

It’s cute that he still “sorta wants to” hold your hand.

I was at a school cross country last week and a parent ran alongside her son for the entire 2miles (he came second last). It was kinda of cute, sad and embarrassing all rolled into one…. considering the kid was 12 😦 . I think he’ll be a candidate for permanent hand holding.

16. kshawnedgar says:

Buffy! This post slayed me. 😀

17. Aw. 😦

Having just finished Buffy season 8 comics yesterday, that image jumped out at me unlike anything else in my WordPress reader! Perfect combination of picture and words, sadness and sweetness.

Yesterday, Li’l D started removing my arms from around his waist when he’s sitting in my lap. Also? He slammed the door in anger. (I didn’t do that until I was several years older!) I’m shocked by how early these things are occurring, but I hope they’re standalones and that it’s gonna be years till I can expect this as patterned behavior.

• Deb, I thought it worked perfectly…better than words.

Personally, I’m with Li’l D…I relish a good door slamming. It always makes me feel better, but sadly, it’s not quite as cute and charming coming from a 40-year-old as it is an adorable toddler. 😦

I guess that’s what happened to all those homeless people living in dumpsters. Sometimes Mums just don’t realise how far reaching life ruining actions can be

19. Love this — my 4 year old told me the other day that he prefers I drop him off and say my goodbyes at the top of the stairs to his preschool instead of escorting him into the classroom. He actually said that he didn’t want his friends to see me kiss him. He’s four. Did I mention that he’s four? I’m worried about what the future might hold!