Mmmm…You Smell Just Like Aisle 5

“Mom, did you know that the best smell in the whole world is the smell of Toys “R” Us? I love it! If I ever grow-up and get a wife, I want her to smell just like Toys “R” Us. I might even wanna get married there.”  Jay-8

Screw spending thousands on a diamond ring, I bet she’d rather have a strawberry ring pop. Instead of throwing rice at the newlyweds, we’ll shower them with darts from a massive Nerf gun war. And, to hell with the fancy three-tiered wedding cake, we’ll gorge ourselves on candy necklaces and pixie sticks…then we’ll dance ourselves silly on top of the checkout counters.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Mmmm…You Smell Just Like Aisle 5

1. gardenmad says:

When my boys were small, there used to be vehicles you could sit in, and sometimes stuff you could ride around on in the store. Not sure if they still have that, but the bride and groom could drive off in a toy jeep, if they still have them. You could put a just married sign on the back. (Actually, t all sounds like a blast~I think Jay has the right idea!)

• Hi Gardenmad! I think they’ve put a stop to allowing the general public to race those jeeps around the store…too many bruised shins, I bet. But, maybe they’ll be willing to bend the rules for a special event. 😉
      Thanks for reading. I’m so glad this brought back some memories.

2. I wish my wedding had been more like that…maybe we can renew our vows in a few years for our 15th anniversary at Toys R Us! I’m sure my husband would love it.

That idea is brilliant!! If Rob and I ever renew our vows, I know where the ceremony will take place.

I might need a change of venue for the whole bloggy wedding shindig 🙂 I wonder if a person could find a perfume to capture that smell. Maybe call it Fresh Plastic? That is, of course, if they’re not already wearing The Biebs new scent 🙂

5. Hahaha… sounds like a hot venue… I’d recommend booking early!

I love the idea of a 21-Nerf-gun salute. It woulda beat the heck out of the birdseed we had at my wedding – I was digging seeds outta my ear for 2 days!

At the Toys R Us in Times Square there is a carousel in the middle of the store. I think that would be a perfect place to get hitched!

Now if he could just convince Anna that this is a good idea for her as well…I could save some bucks.

9. Toys-R-Us Perfume. For the pre-pubescent set.

10. When I was pregnant, people kept joking that I’d be a cheap date for a while after my child was born. I wonder which is better: a cheap date or a cheap wed? 🙂

11. And then they could honeymoon in one of the playhouses. Sounds like a dream to me!

12. Most of the dress-up clothes are fancier than my wedding dress was.

Married in a bouncy castle….the closest I’ll ever get to marrying a Prince 😦

14. MC/Curtis says:

When the bride walks down the aisle… which aisle does she walk down?!
    I guess she gets to choose it. Probably the Barbie aisle in a lot of cases.

You need to get onto a perfume company to have this marketed before someone beats you to it.

16. The things that kids come up with. Just amazes you, doesn’t it?
    Hey, gotta tell ya though, that kinda wedding sounds a helluva lot more fun than any I’ve had, and I’ve been married THREE TIMES. Uh, maybe it was the men and not the festivities. Never mind….scratch that!

• Pissy Kitty, if you ever get the urge to walk down the aisle again…try a Slip ‘N’ Slide down aisle 5 instead. 😉

• Oh, don’t worry about me. I am D-O-N-E with getting married. I’ve got three kids and three marriages under my belt and am close to 49. If this one ends me and my Chihuahua are living the single life. At this point my attraction to men is quickly going south, and they are little more than selfish, untidy, gas-bags that spout a lot of hot air and steal the joy from your life. Yep, I’m a bit jaded.

17. Diamond rings are so gauche anyway. continue…

18. granny1947 says:

Damn…now I will have to go to one of their stores to get a whiff.

19. To this day I still love going to Toys R Us. Every time I go in I’m transported back to 1985 and feel the same thrill I did as a kid. Who needs a DeLorean to time-travel? I’ve got Geoffrey! 🙂