Indoor Plumbing Is Overrated

“Mom, I need you! Jay just ripped open the bathroom door and chucked a teddy bear at my head. He screwed up my aim and now there’s a huge mess in there…it’s not my fault.”  Will-10

It’s all fun and games until your mother builds an outhouse in the backyard…

Boys, I don’t care that it’s “dark and smells in there.” Or, that your sister swears on “your life that “those squirrels are rabid.” Now, out you go and don’t forget to wash up with the garden hose.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Indoor Plumbing Is Overrated

1. I wish there was a “that’s fantastic! I need one of those!” button. “Like” doesn’t quite cover it.

2. JWo says:

Kids: A never-ending source of material.
    I wish I had been writing when mine were younger… hahaha…
    JWo

3. That was quick thinking how he made up that story about his brother hitting him with a teddy bear, after he accidentally peed on the floor.

His aim isn’t good even when he’s not dodging teddy bears.

5. BrainRants says:

Need to borrow a hammer and circular saw? Tape measure and square?

6. granny1947 says:

Now I feel very old…I remember outdoor plumbing!!!

7. GOOOO!
    I’m guessing the bear wasn’t in very good shape, either!

Good aim or no, one forced trip to the outhouse at 2am on a wintry night for whatever need, and suddenly indoor plumbing takes on a whole new value!
    And your aim magically improves, too, regardless of what’s coming you way. Bugs, teddy bears, live rifle fire…..

9. Scholar Mel says:

Squirrels can’t be rabbits! Everybody knows that. 😉

10. gardenmad says:

LOL…..boys will be boys!

11. I guess that’s one nice thing about the country. Less mess. The hubby spends more time outside than in here during the warm months and don’t bother walking the distance. I can live with that.

12. My first visit to your sight, and oh my, you had me laughing with the very first lines. Thank you, thank you!

13. I am so, so glad I don’t have boys. At least, for now I am. Although they definitely make good source material.

Oh my gosh! The idea…. the idea is brilliant! We live on a heavily wooded acre … I am CERTAIN Rob could build an outhouse for the boys. Why have I not thought of this before today? Wow. I love this.

15. seems none of us can “aim”. welcome to the club Will.

16. MC/Curtis says:

My wife and I have a composting toilet but it’s different than an outhouse.
    But it is in it’s own little building.
    I can’t imagine an outhouse would ever bother a boy. Go for it!
    Just put a tent in the yard next to it and they can sleep outside too. They’ll love it!

Rhubarb grows great next to an outdoor dunny

It took me a moment to realise what aim he was talking about.

19. ah yes… the eternal “aim” stigma…but so true. continue…