Armpit Etiquette

“Will, you should never ask someone to see their armpit hair. It’s impolite.”  Jay-9

“I know that, Jay. But some people should think about cutting their armpit hair. That’s what I’m gonna do if mine ever gets too long.”   Will-10

I think Emily Post may have overlooked this little tidbit in her Miss Manners book of Etiquette.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to Armpit Etiquette

1. Tell your kids to never stop sharing these gems of wisdom. Maybe they can run the country someday.

ROFLMAO!!! OMG! That’s priceless! I’m so glad you’re posting these. You should write a book!!

I can almost hear Will say, “I know that Jay…”
    Please follow-up with us in the 5 yrs. I’d like to know if Will keeps to his word and cuts his armpit hair. I may have to be impolite and ask to see it.

LMAO! You’ve got to wonder what’s going on in their heads … though on second thought, perhaps that would freak out an adult. o.O

5. kluckmeister says:

The man’s got a point. There are some people that really need to think about cutting their hair, especially when it’s in the vicinity of armpits, ears, and (most especially) nostrils. Then again, he hasn’t had to deal with inexplicable hair growth yet.

I have one random one on my stomach that grows to about two inches if I let it.

Enjoy puberty little man.

6. cooper says:

I see a bottle of Nair in Will’s xmas stocking….

7. Doc says:

I’m not so sure armpit hair should be trimmed. If you go bald, there’s a mean combover you can do.

I just let mine grow & don’t care what anyone thinks!!!

I guess I’m in the opposite camp, Tony. I say go for the trim. Then again, it’s a public odor service.
    What?
    TMI?
    Sorry……

10. But if I can’t see the composition of their armpit hair, how will I know who’s meant to be a lifelong friend?!

11. Was this preceded by Will actually having asked someone to see their armpit hair? Just curious about the backstory here…

I have weird growths of hair in odd places on my body…armpit..not so much.

13. Karen says:

I am amazed that Will knows who Emily Post is!! Very cute.

14. LOVE the pic of the shears…very funny. as is your reply to someone “Do you think there’s much of an audience for armpit jokes?” continue…

15. MC/Curtis says:

I guess if it got too long you could braid it. Maybe even hang useful items from the braid like a coin purse or a spare key.

16. vanessagobes says:

omg, i don’t know how i happened across this blog, but i’m cracking up. will should reach out to that japanese gymnast who won gold in london. my kids were OBSESSED with his armpit hair and couldn’t understand why he didn’t trim before hanging from the high bar with the whole world watching. very funny. love the sheers. well played. 🙂