Public Restrooms…God, I hope he washed his hands!

“Mom, don’t worry. I never sit on a public toilet. I just take my pants off and lay them on the toilet seat. Ya know, to protect me from all the gross germs.” Jay-9

Apparently, he has decided that this technique saves precious time and energy when compared with the old-fashioned way of laying out strips of toilet paper for protection. My usual concern over whether or not he washed his hands is the least of my problems. I am horrified!

This entry was posted in comedy, Entertainment, funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Life, Parenting, sarcasm and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Public Restrooms…God, I hope he washed his hands!

1. onedumbtart says:

This is what Purell is for! Carry gallons! It’s worth it!

2. Sandi Ormsby says:

My son, for the longest time, would take off all his clothes to go potty. At 4, he would take off everything, and at 5 his shirt would stay on, but anything below the waist was on the floor. “Stop doing that!” Finally, he’s got it under control and has awesome bathroom etiquette, especially for a 7 year old. My 5 year old daughter, on the other hand…please use toilet paper and wipe!

Sandi
    Lake Forest, CA

3. Your blog is awesome! I know that you have already been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, but you certainly make my list again. Great job!

I bet you’re glad you asked! 😛 Sometimes it’s better not to know these things.

5. Hilarious. Like Sandi said, I have a friend whose son would only strip down completely before using the potty. Apparantly, he didn’t want any clothes (including shoes and socks) anywhere near the potty seat.

And people wonder why I prefer a tree to a nasty public bathroom. 😉
    One of the few benefits of male plumbing – “doing” without touching. Otherwise, troublesome at best…..

7. Kudos, i think he is a very inventive young man…who does, however, need an extensive wardrobe. continue…

8. At least you can say that he is a creative problem solver.

9. It’s funny how he apprehends the concept of transference of very tiny germs, but not all the possible applications of the same! :p

10. jsh0608 says:

I haven’t been able to read much of my people’s blogs, but saw this one…and I am equally horrified. And to think, you have been touching those clothes with your bare hands. Although your kids still make me laugh…hehe :0)

11. zencherry says:

Mwhahaha! Little boys are germ-mongers. Gotta love it. Just hose ’em down in the yard, they seem to grow faster that way. 😀

12. Public restrooms are the worst. Especially small gas stations and hole-in-the-wall bars. I saw that pic and was instantly reminded of one particular potty in St. Joseph, Missouri. Oh the horror!

13. Pretty funny. My girls believe that restroom floors are MUCH cleaner than they are. They throw their stuff down there, get down on hands (yuck) and knees to talk to each other in adjacent stalls… *sigh*

14. Where did you get this photo? It makes me feel so much better that my toilet isn’t as gross as I thought.

I guess you gotta use what method works