The Pay Off

“Will, I’m sorry for hitting you with my cast. I feel really bad. Here, take this money.”

“What the crap, Jay! You can’t go around cracking people with your cast when you don’t get your way. Look at my face! My lip’s still bleeding.”

“It was an accident.”

“No, it wasn’t. So, how much is in the bag anyway?”

“There’s $4.37. It’s all I got. You can have my best Ferrari Matchbox car too. Here, take it. Are you still mad at me?”

“Sorta, but the money helps. Thanks.”

Jay-9 & Will-10

Whoever said money can’t buy happiness never had a little brother with a cast.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to The Pay Off

1. Lisa Wields Words says:

All I can do is laugh. Why is Jay in a cast?

Boys being boys, Jay broke his hand playing football in the yard. One of Will’s friends fell on it. Jay played football all season without incident and breaks his hand in the yard. Then his wonderful parents gave him some ice and let it go for a week. He went to school and football practice all week with a broken hand.

Do your kids watch alot of “The Godfather” type movies by any chance?

Oh please, oh please, oh please…. may Joe never get a cast on his hand, wrist or arm. If that happens, Charlie is in serious trouble.

5. Scholar Mel says:

I never had a little brother with a cast… but I did have a little brother and he could tell on me very quickly. He was a big baby. He couldn’t take his big brother punching him 😉

6. they should do stand-up. continue…

7. zencherry says:

Mwhahhaa! I think Will is going to milk this for some more. Always good to keep the options open. 😀

8. MC/Curtis says:

Ch-Ching! Over four dollars and a toy?! Not bad. My last busted lip all I got was a coworker said oops.

9. I’m so very tempted now to see what I can “buy off” for $4.37 in other circumstances now. I somehow don’t think I’ll have the charm of a casted younger brother. 😉

10. Karen says:

Ha, Ha! LOVE IT!

11. Ha, great post! My son charged my daughter $5 to carry her backpack home the other day. At least kids are honest about trying to get as much as they can.

Jay should be in business or politics. Pay out enough money & the problem goes away

Took a cue from your boys and tried to offer my boy a bag of pennies to make up for forcing him to nap. He tried to eat them before throwing them angrily at the wall. Stale? I guess I’ll have to wait a little bit before money works 🙂

Wow, Will let Jay off CHEAP! Blood drawn should require well over $10 and at least two Matchbox (or Hot Wheels) cars. Or the right to blackmail later….

15. As far as I know the idea that money can’t buy happiness has never been scientifically proven.

16. I totally need to start carrying more cash around with me. Also: “What the crap!” *giggle*