Forrest Had Bubba, Jay Has Jimmy

“Mom, I think we should get a maid. One that comes here every day. I think it would be a lot more relaxing around here if nobody ever had any chores to do.”

“That sounds great, Jay, but you might have to quit school and get a job to pay for a maid. What kind of job do you think you could get?”

“I guess I could get a job selling sports cars.”

“Alright, but you can’t drive. Do you think that might be a problem?”

“No. You could drive me.”

“Fair enough. What kind of sports cars would you sell?”

“Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Bugattis…stuff like that, but definitely not Corvettes. They’re not real sports cars. That’s what Jimmy told me on the bus and he knows everything there is to know about sports cars.”

“Really? I’ve always thought Corvettes were real sports cars. That’s news to me. Anyway, how much money do you think you could make?”

“Probably like a couple million bucks or something. That’s what Jimmy says.”

So tell me, would you buy a sports car from a 9-year-old with buck teeth, dimples and a slight speech impediment? I’m thinking about getting a maid.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Forrest Had Bubba, Jay Has Jimmy

1. Michael says:

I’m now thinking of changing careers. I didn’t realize car salesmen were part of the 1%! As to buying a car from Jay, the dimples and slight speech impediment would all but seal the deal! lolz

2. I would, if Jimmy were his manager.

Do me a favor. Ask Jimmy if El Caminos (particularly ones with furry, leopard print interior) count as sports cars. Tom and I have been having this debate for days. It’s not a car. It’s not a truck, and I don’t think it’s anything close to a minivan 🙂

If you get a maid, can you send her over here? I have some cleaning behind my refrigerator that needs to get done. 🙂

5. Hilarious. I especially like that you will be driving Mr. Big Shot Ferrari Salesman around 🙂

Is Jay going to give Jimmy’s momma Jimmy’s half?

7. Hahahahaha! I don’t drive either, but even I know Corvettes aren’t really sports cars. My daughter told me her friend Aaron’s big brother told him that on the bus last week. It must be true!

Give the child a contract to host “Top Gear America”. It’s right up his alley!

9. i wish him the best of luck with this plan Nancy. continue…

10. Is he looking for a wife, by any chance? Dimples is almost nine… If I marry her off I almost won’t need a maid.

11. peterhobbs1 says:

LOL well I think your boy is well on his way to being self sufficient. Perhaps Jimmy could just convince one of the girls on the bus that she has a career in housecleaning?

Not gonna buy ANYTHING from somebody who disses Vettes! Chevy Forever!

What the, Corvettes aren’t real sports cars? Has anyone informed the symbol, formerly known as Prince? What a shocker!!!

At the risk of offending any and every car sales person, I’d much rather buy from Jay than a seasoned sales person. I’d be sure to arrive with a few Lego sets and Hot Wheels, too. Bargaining power, you know.

Can Jay make an exception to the rules ‘cos I’d like to order a Corvette

You need to be careful ‘cos if he makes that sort of money your street may get occupied…

I’m with Lenore Diane … I might have half a chance negotiating with a nine year old! 😆

18. Karen says:

I just might! But since I can’t afford a sports car right now, I’d probably just slip him $5 for the effort. BTW my Hannah & her friend have a cleaning service, very reasonable. It’s been defunct for two years but I’m sure she could be swayed! Although I won’t drive her so the travel expenses would probably put you over. 🙂

19. madtante says:

If I had more than enough money, I’d be more likely to buy a sports car from Jay than from a grownup salesman!

20. I think if he makes that much…we can all quit our jobs and have maids.

21. SOLD!
    Wait… I’m getting at least a million for my trad-in… right?!