A Thanksgiving Trinity…William Penn, The Great Depression & Pumpkin Pie

“Mom, did you know that a guy named William Penn discovered Philadelphia during the Great Depression? He’s the guy that celebrated the first Thanksgiving by inviting over a bunch of indians and together they baked the first pumpkin pie.” Jay-9

God, I hope they bought a free-range turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving from my home to yours!

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to A Thanksgiving Trinity…William Penn, The Great Depression & Pumpkin Pie

1. madtante says:

Sadly, sounds like my 17yo godkid.

2. Congratulations! You’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award!

Hey, at least he got the William Penn part right. Sort of.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Ask him who the Vice President is…

5. Lisa Wields Words says:

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your wonderful family. I suspect there will juicy tidbits of all sorts for you to share when its over. 😉

6. I just want to know where Charlie Brown and his popcorn came in.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Nancy! And yes, we expect a new round of silliness from the family meal. 😀

8. cooper says:

This will be a surprise to my grandparents who were born in Philadelphia in 1899 and 1902. I wonder what they called it then? Londonville? Quakertown East? Paristown?

Happy T-Day to you and yer family…

Is that what William Penn did? The locals around here will be very upset! 😀

Have a great Turkey Day!

10. and a happy thanksgiving to you and yours too Nancy. continue…

11. Hilarious (as always)!
    I hope that you and your family have a wonderful holiday, Nancy!

12. breezyk says:

happy thanksgiving!! I’m thankful for your blog- that’s why I gave you the Liebster blog award! go check out my latest post 🙂

So how did the turkey come into it then. Was that just an accompaniment for the pumpkin pie???

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful weekend, Nancy!
    William Penn sure did start a wonderful tradition… or something.

• Thanks, Lenore! Thanksgiving was wonderful and we all enjoyed the break, but it was a long one. My kids were off of school for 10 days. A bit excessive, don’t you think?
      I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with the love and laughs of family and friends!