Prank’d Not Punk’d

“Mom, we should pull a prank on Anna. Let’s wrap up a bunch of empty boxes for her on Christmas. Won’t that be hilarious?”  Jay-9 about his sister Anna-12

Dear Readers,

Before you pull any Christmas pranking this holiday season, you may first want to consider the possible repercussions before moving forward with your plan. I’d hate to see any of you end up on the Naughty List this year.

“Mom, if you get coal in your stocking from Santa on Christmas, does he still get you presents, too?”

“You know what, Jay? I don’t think he does.”

This entry was posted in crazy kid quotes, funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Prank’d Not Punk’d

1. When I was a kid I gave my little sister an onion all wrapped up nicely for Christmas.

It was pretty mean.

2. Dear Jay,

Since you have decided to torture your sister with empty boxes this Christmas, I am sure you will understand that I have decided to fill your stocking not with presents or even coal. No, enjoy your invisible coal. Ho! Ho! Ho! It’s hilarious.

Sincerely, Santa Claus

3. Spectra says:

One year, I actually gave a friends two kids coal, wrapped beautifully in gold foil boxes with fancy ribbons. They were awful kids, terrible behavior, with bad parents. But inside eachbox, was a coupon for a REALY GOOD GIFT in 6 months, with good behavior. So, come summer, both got gifts worth 4 or times what I would have spent, and each was taken to a different mall to shop for what they wanted. Plus lunch. I hoped I’d sent a message not only to them, but to their stooge parents.

My son wanted to do something similar this year. He wanted to take a really small present we got for his brother, and put it in a box, then wrapped that box, and put THAT in anther box, wrap THAT box and put it in another and so on.

I said if he wants Christmas day to be nice and quiet he’d think better of it. Payback can be a bitch between those two!

5. Antigone's Clamor says:

Funny!! Most of the people in my family have serious issues with peeking and guessing before Christmas. So we wrap ours as deceptively as possible and have uber-complicated codes that the coder never remembers on Christmas morning. One or two people usually end up unwrapping the right present. 🙂

• This reminds me of how I try to be so clever with my passwords for various accounts and then can never remember what the hell they are!
      Thanks for sharing. You should do a post with pictures of your clever Christmas wrapping! Do a Top Ten ways to deceptively wrap…Freshly Pressed loves lists. 😉

• Antigone's Clamor says:

I feel like there is an app for that, but then you’d have to remember the password to that, too. 😉

Oooh, good thinking! I might work on that for today or tomorrow’s post. What a great idea!!

The coal is the present – duh! Jay can take the coal camping. He’ll be popular when it comes time to make a fire.

Funny how toddlers are happy with empty boxes. I’ve seen many of my nieces and nephews (as youngins’) unwrap Christmas presents and scream in delight, “I got a box!” True.

Maybe the present has some kind of cloaking device. It’s invisible, but it’s really awesome!

8. Sandi Ormsby says:

I had a close male friend growing up where he and his father pranked each other every year. It started out with his father giving him a really, horrible, UGLY plaid shirt. It obviously was a joke gift. The next year, the son wrapped it up and returned to him.

Each year, they had to find creative ways to return the item. Have it hanging over a door-way, hidden under a coach pillow, mail it with return address from Hooters, place in refrigerator next to the beer…and that person (receiving) would store it all year. One year, they decided to give it to the brother/uncle…thus this shirt traveled each home throughout the years. 🙂 I thought that was so funny! I wonder if this still happens today? That shirt would be at least 30 years old.

• I love that idea! We had a Chia Pet that went back and forth in my family years ago. I don’t know what happened to it. Maybe it ended up at your friends place in the frig, next to the beer.
      I think you should start a tradition like that in your house, Sandi. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

If I may volunteer, I’ll happily take any and all coal anyone gets. I’ll even be willing to trade my repair skills for it – you know, for those wonderful Boxing Day (day after Christmas) marathon sessions of trying to read instructions that were NEVER meant to be understood by anyone, including the writers! 😀

• Solving Foucalt’s last conundrum would be simpler than assembling a Hot Wheels racing track. I might be calling you.

• John Erickson says:

Hot Wheels? Hot dang – I had dozens of the cars and hundreds of feet of track, including the loops and a funky “mountain raceway” unit. Even the “superchargers”, that would suck a car in and shoot it out in any direction OTHER than the track, usually at supersonic velocities! I’ll be glad to give you Hot Wheels pointers any day – as long as they haven’t changed the track setup in the last 30 or so years. 😀

10. That is too funny. I never pranked anyone at Christmas, but I was sorely tempted several times 😉

11. Carrie says:

Well, God love it. That is hysterical he’s even thinking that!!

Boys, boys, boys.

=)

12. OK. Ultra hysterical would now be if Jay gets a bunch of empty boxes. Seriously. You gotta do it.

13. boys will be boys eh? continue…

Too funny! My step-father drove Darling Daughter completely nuts by giving her a flashlight as one of her gifts every year for both Christmas and her birthday. We all thought it was hysterically funny and whenever we want to yank her chain we get her flashlight … still works! 😆

You gotta watch out for that naughty list Jay. Remember he’s making a list & checking it twice. He’s gunna find out who’s naughty or nice. Better not play that trick on Anna after all or you may be checked twice on the wrong list…

16. Karen says:

“..consider the possible repercussions..” I wish I’d read this advice a few years ago! To help defray the cost & not lose too much sight of what Christmas is really all about, the adults in our extended family, (siblings, parents, grandparents, out -law…I mean in-laws, etc.) all put our names in a “hat” & pick one person to buy really good gift for at Christmas. One year (not too long ago) my sister & I (she’s older & it was her idea) put only “our” names in the hat! When it was time to exchange gifts at Christmas, first came general looks of confusion as one by one each gift under the tree went to either my sister or me.Then “realization” set in. After the initial shock of what we did wore off, an all out assault of disgust was hurled our way which was primarily lead by both of our husbands who were absolutely appalled by this selfish & immature-ish behavior. People just didn’t get the humor. This Christmas prank only went over well with my sister and I and it was very expensive to boot as we, of course had bought gifts for everyone else.

• Karen, you did not! That has got to be the funniest prank ever…I knew I liked you! Did you video tape the exchange? If you did, I bet you’d get a million hits on YouTube.
      That’s priceless! Some people have no sense of humor. I’ll be smiling about that one all day. 🙂

17. rastelly says:

Just be sure to hang an upside down tree if you serious
    about being bad. Santa will think it’s opposite day and give
    you presents – but you have to be naughty. Because nice
    kids get coal on opposite day.

18. Hahaha…
    but coal is the gift that keeps on giving!
    My pile is so big by now, I’m sure there’s bound to be a diamond or two towards the bottom!