In The Eye Of The Beholder

“Mom, can you get me a grey sweater? Sorta like the color of your hair right before you dye it. Oh, and by the way, when you make that face, your forehead sorta reminds me of notebook paper. Thanks, mom. You’re the best!”Β Β Β Anna-12

In case you’re wondering, she’s been grounded for life. She has absolutely no idea why.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to In The Eye Of The Beholder

That is a beautiful color, for a sweater.

2. Oh, I’m laughing. Reminds me of the things my kids would say to me that no one else would dare to. And we can’t give them back (the kids, not the things said).

Haha! Only a kid can manage to ask for something WHILE insulting your whole person. Brilliant πŸ™‚

4. muddledmom says:

Ours are always at the dinner table, directed at my husband, when my mouth is full. I don’t really set a good example either.

5. I love these little pearls..they are fantastic..ELiza Keating

6. cooper says:

Making headlines again? (i just kill me sometimes…)

7. Oh lord! And here I was thinking only my kids could say something like that…

8. Wow. She sounds like a creative, visual kid. (trying to think of something positive to say)

9. Sandi Ormsby says:

Last year, My son asked me “when you were born mom, was there fighting and stuff?” further inquirey “No, the war!” exasperated that I didn’t understand what he meant. Then, I realized, it was President’s Day “You mean the civil war?”

“Yes! Were you born in the Civil war?”

All I had to say in return was…Dang, I look pretty good for my age! (see, it’s all about perspective)

Sandi
    Lake Forest, CA

She, too, will learn to think before speaking.

11. How will she learn if she doesn’t KNOW why she is grounded..haha

12. MJ says:

Ha,ha,ha! Always entertaining material. Bravo!

13. Carrie says:

“…your forehead sorta reminds me of notebook paper.”

OH MY GOD! I am so sorry I laughed!!

Then I grabbed my little mirror in my desk drawer here and looked at my…very own…notebook paper.

Sheesh.

14. I guess my face looks like notebook paper that crumpled up in a wad and tossed in the trash; then someone fished it out and uncrumpled it and stepped all over it to try to flatten it back out. Yep, that would be a good description. Thanks, Anna.

15. Goeber.com says:

Sorta like the color of your hair right before you dye it. Ouch!

16. If they had seating that comfortable while I was in school I might have even learned how to spell ‘ergonomic’!
    πŸ™‚

At least she didn’t ask for a white sweater 😦

18. you are one funny chick. continue…

19. Binky says:

At least she likes the color of your hair.

20. ANNIE says:

YOU COLOR YOUR HAIR????????!!!!!! Once my wonderful kids asked me what the Virgin Mary looked .like….they figured Jesus and I were drinking buddies, I guess

21. Pingback: Acceptance is the First Step | The Life of J-Wo

Anna knew about the grey hair but thanks to WordPress now the whole world knows!!!

23. totsymae1011 says:

Notebook paper? At least the kid only said that, as opposed to ‘crushed up notebook paper.’ You’re lucky. πŸ™‚