Smells Like A Size 5

Me:  “C’mon, guys! We’ve been through this before…the next time I find a wet towel on your bed or dresser, you’re all in serious trouble. You’re going to ruin the furniture. Pick up the towels and hang them on the hooks. It’s not that difficult!”

Jay:  “Hey! Wait a second, Mom. Don’t blame me! I don’t even use towels. I just dry off with whatever’s laying on the bathroom floor.”

Anna:  “It’s true, Mom. I saw him in there yesterday. He was drying off with one of Will’s dirty socks.”

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Smells Like A Size 5

I think he brushes his teeth with the same socks.

2. debbie goldberg says:

I love this one!

While doing laundry yesterday, I found two pairs of soaked pants at the bottom of the bin. Soaked from fishing not from peeing (just so you know). You can imagine the smell at the bottom of the basket, as the pants were there for several days. I’ve asked the boys to put their wet clothes straight in the washing machine …. I suppose I should be thankful the close make it to the basket, eh?

I’m surprised one of them didn’t pipe up and say “Yeah, you don’t need towels to dry off with, it’s true…I heard it on the bus!”.

• I never even thought of that! You’re right…I bet the idea was born on the damn bus.

“Mom, did you know that if you dry yourself off with your older brother’s dirty sock, you’ll wake up in the morning with six pack abs and a 5 o’clock shadow. 3rd grade girls love that stuff. It’s true…I heard it on the bus.”

5. muddledmom says:

I am often amazed that boys grow up to be men.

6. Sandi Ormsby says:

that’s AWESOME! At least your child is resourceful and not easily grossed out…my 8 year old boy would walk around the house naked, dripping water, saying he can’t find a towel (even if said towel was right next to him) and would eventual curl up (fetal position) on the floor and whine about being cold.

If we went into the bathroom, and there was a towel on the floor he would say “Ew disgusting. Samantha dried off using that.”

He’s in the “disgusting” phase now. Why is there a hair floating in my bath water? (try as you might to clean before he enters- some miniscule dot of hair will present itself) Just remove it- NO Disgusting, I’ve got to get out…being dirty is more disgusting. There gone, now wash!

We’ve done the “shower” but he will let gallons of water run down the drain before even washing one inch of himself. Believe it or not, a full bath tub saves on water usage!

That’s us, every day. 🙂

Sandi
    Lake Forest, CA

7. Barb says:

I’m with ryoko861. At least they’re drying off instead of dripping through the house. Now that’s some wisdom.

8. ANNIE says:

You know that dirty sock skin condition Jay has??????

Oh. Oh yuck. This made me question every sock my brother ever touched!

10. Binky says:

They must be big socks.

11. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

This was choice. What a household!!

12. The Hook says:

At least your kids keep you supplied with blog fodder!

I have been known to blow my nose on a dirty sock but I was desperate, I swear!!!

Gotta admit … I don’t know whether to be grossed out or keep laughing over this.

15. Androgoth says:

How Gross 🙂 lol

Androgoth Xx

I guess it cuts down on the week’s laundry pile

• You would think it would cut down on the laundry, but for every time Jay uses dirty clothes to dry off, his older sister throws clean clothes in the hamper because she can’t remember if they’re clean or not. I hate laundry!