Stop Clowning Around!

“Mom, you know how Jay will pretty much believe anything you tell him? Well, I’ll bet you 5 bucks and a pack of baseball cards that if I tell him it’s Clown Day at school tomorrow, I can get him to go to school dressed as a clown.”  Will-10 & Jay-9

I’d take that bet, but I only bet on sure things.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Stop Clowning Around!

1. Ahh, in fairness, if someone told me it was Clown Day at work I would probably believe it. A friend once told me that there only 5 possible shapes that popcorn could pop into – I literally spent years comparing the shapes every time I had popcorn before eventually telling him that I wasn’t sure he was right about that. Turns out it was a joke. How was I supposed to know?

2. O. Leonard says:

O Em Gee. The world is full of us gullible people. Clown Day. We used to have backwards clothes day, or some such thing in high school, where you wore everything backwards (that you could anyway…shoes were tough. I never did it, because I never believed that the day was the day. Didn’t want to stand out…like wearing you’re clothes the right way didn’t make you stand out. I love the comment about the popcorn shapes. I’ll have to use that one.

3. Sandi Ormsby says:

I bet you Jay is the most popular kid. If he wore the clown suit, and announced it clown day…you can bet there would be some followers that would join him. There are just some kids that have that gift. Everything works out for them. Even using dirty socks to dry himself off after a shower. Very resourceful. 🙂

Sandi
    Lake Forest, CA

Easy money for Will. If we would let him, Jay might dress up like a clown regardless.

Oh go for it!!!

6. Androgoth says:

Yes well clowns don’t wear leather,
    so don’t even go there… Besides the
    gossip only happnes when something
    naughty and wicked is worn 🙂 😉

Have a lovely evening
    and a fine weekend also 🙂

Androgoth Xx

7. I think Sandi is right. Jay could probably dress in a skirt and high heels and be the most admired kid in school.

8. The Hook says:

Hilarious! Kids rule, right?

I say, you tell Jay, but not in front of Will. Then, once Jay is dressed up, have him sneak into Will’s room with one of your cleavers, appropriately drenched in ketchup.
    Yeah, it’ll create a mess (in more ways than one), but the look of terror might just be worth it! 😀

10. Carrie says:

Oh, my goodness.

To be a fly on the wall for just one day in your house!!

Actually, I’d have to be on the floor or something because I would totally lose grip of the wall from laughing and pointing at those hysterical kids of yours!!

11. Binky says:

I thought every day was clown day in public school.

12. He’s gotta’ get more kids than just Jay in on the act, though…
    how are they ever going to do the tiny clown car bit this way?!

OMG, my brother told my mom, when he was little, that they were having a superhero dress up at school. She spent weeks making a costume. My dad, as a surprise, turned up at school to get a few photos. There was my brother sticking out like a sore thumb in the full Superman outfit amongst his classmates who were all wearing their school uniforms. He had fibbed. All he wanted was a Superman outfit.

So did they go through with it? Did he go to school as a clown???