Best Day Ever

“Mom, today was the best day of my life. Three great things happened at school today. First, I found a bunch of money randomly laying on the ground, so I picked it up and spent it at the school store. Second, I’ve got no homework. Third, the nurse checked our heads for lice and guess what? I don’t have a single one! It doesn’t get much better than that, huh?” Jay-9

Sometimes it’s the little things in life that make us happy, like spending someone else’s money on a bunch of junk, conveniently forgetting to write down our homework assignment or temporarily escaping a lice infestation. Wishing you all the best day ever!

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Best Day Ever

If his mother were that easy, she’d be excited about her brand new minivan!

2. muddledmom says:

I’d say your kid escaping lice is a pretty good day for mom too!

3. I think that is a pretty awesome day, especially the lack of lice part.

4. I don’t know Jay that well, but I would have thought he would have been more excited about having lice – except for the hair-washing part, of course.

Definitely a good day, though I’d vote for finding the money. That comes much harder to me these days than keeping the bugs at bay! 😀

6. It’s all about perspective, isn’t it?
    Reggie would certainly agree with Jay. He had a great day when he’s tick free.

7. Androgoth says:

Yes a very good day 🙂

Androgoth Xx

Why am I now scratching my head????

Honestly, that was a fantastic relief for me, too, when we were checked! The last thing you wanted was to have the nurse tell you that you had lice. NO ONE would ever talk to you again and the ridiculing you would have gotten would have been brutal!

10. Ha!
    Remember those, ‘It just doesn’t get any better than this!’ beer commercials?!
    Yeah… post-successful lice check would have moved some units.

11. Ugh! I’ve fallen behind again. Don’t give up on me, I’ll catch up soon. 🙂

12. Sank says:

No lice is a good thing. Congrats.