Don’t Answer The Phone…it’s embarrassing!

Me:  Anna Kate, Katy called. I told her you’d call her right back.phone call

AK:  She called on the house phone? That’s weird.

Me:  No. She called on your phone.

AK:  Oh My God, Mom! You answered my phone?

Me:  Of course, I did. I heard it ring, so I answered it.

AK:  Mom! Please don’t answer my phone. That’s so embarrassing!

Me:  What’s embarrassing?

AK:  You…answering my phone…is completely embarrassing! Oh My God…what did you even say?

Me:  Well, let’s see. First, I said, “Hello?” Then, I said, “How are you?” And then, I told her how in kindergarten, you’d cry if you didn’t get to sit on the pink carpet square. Oh, and about that one time in First Grade when you accidentally wet your pants, but that’s all I said. I swear.

AK:  Oh My God, Mom! That’s not even funny.

Me:  C’mon, you have to admit it’s a little funny, but honestly, all I said was, “Hello?” I promise.

AK:  You’re so embarrassing.

Me:  Thank you. Now, please go to school or I’m going to have to drive you in my bathrobe and we all know how embarrassing that can be.

This entry was posted in funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Don’t Answer The Phone…it’s embarrassing!

1. dad says:

Ask her if she’d rather if her dad answered her phone instead of you….

2. muddledmom says:

Oh goody, I can’t wait!

You’re good!!!! BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH……….
    You should hear how my 25 year old answers the house phone: “Hello, housekeeping”. And he says it with a lisp. Meanwhile, I’m rolling……

4. Gooberandcindy.com says:

This was another gem. Thanks for the laugh! 🙂

5. Great stuff, as always.

6. poet365 says:

You can drive me anywhere in your
    bath robe I won’t be embarrasses 🙂 lol
    This is another fun posting Nancy and
    thank you for accepting my invite 🙂 xx

7. poet365 says:

I might be embarrassed about what
    I just wrote though 😦 Grrrrr to typos 😦 xx

8. Gosh, you’re quick! I would have probably just told the truth and slunk away, feeling like the dumbest parent in the world. It’s easy to make me feel guilty.

9. Hahaha…
    I wish someone would answer my phone for me! I’m always embarrassing myself!

• Just pretend you’re the babysitter. Whenever I don’t feel like talking, I’ll answer and pretend I’m the babysitter.
      “Sorry, this is just the babyitter. You’ll have to call back.”
      My voice never fully matured. I’ll be an 80 year-old and answer my phone and the person on the line will still ask, “Can I speak to your mom?”
      It’s a gift. 😉

10. cooper says:

Just wait until you comment on her Facebook page…blasphemy.

Haha. I was exactly this way with my parents. My dad’s bright orange UT wardrobe was a major point of peer humiliation 🙂

12. I hope it’s the bathrobe with the cigarette burns and beer stains. 😛

13. Binky says:

If you can’t embarrass your kids, who can you embarrass?