The Mama Lisa

Jay:  Mom, just so you know, I’m drawing your portrait right this very minute.

Me:  Ok, great.

Jay:  Try to act natural, just keep packing lunch. Oh, and while you’re at it, stick in a few extra packs of fruit snacks, would ya? They’re good to trade.

Me:  I thought you could get in trouble for trading food at lunch?

Jay:  Not if you don’t get caught.

Me:  Well, I don’t think you should risk it.

Jay:  C’mon, Mom. I’m a risk taker. I live my life dangerously.

Me:  Very funny.

Jay:  Hey! No peeking.

Me:  Sorry.

Jay:  Ta-da! Let me present…The Mama Lisa.

IMG_1144

Me:  Wow! It’s lovely. I especially love my nose. Thank you.

Jay:  Sure thing. If you want, you can stick it in a frame and put it in a museum. I’ll be just like that guy, Leonardo DiCaprio.

Me: You mean, Leonardo da Vinci.

Jay:  Same thing, right?

Leonardo da VinciLeonardo DiCaprio

This entry was posted in comedy, funny kid quotes, Humor, kids, Parenting and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to The Mama Lisa

Interesting. You have a “Leonardo”ish nose. Of course, I’m referring to the da’Vinci guy.
    Seriously – Jay’s talent knows no bounds. Can I get a signed copy of this post? I want to say I knew both you and Jay way back when…

2. dad says:

That mama lisa is one hot babe! Can I get her number?

3. marshaegan says:

Too funny. Keep those cards and letters coming! Thanks!

Marsha

Marsha Egan, CPCU, PCC

INBOXDETOX.COM, A division of The Egan Group, Inc.

Detoxify Your Inbox. Lead Your Life.

http://InboxDetox.com/blog 610-777-3795 610-879-2073 (F)

Let’s connect: http://www.linkedin.com/in/marshaegan

PS. Try our online email productivity assessment: http://bit.ly/emailbestpractices

_____

Hey, you never know! Picasso’s art looks like a 4 year old did it and this piece Jay did of you is way better!

5. Mama Lisa is awesome, and Jay makes me laugh. Thanks for posting this, I needed a smile today.

6. muddledmom says:

The two Leonardos are definitely NOT the same thing, for the record. Either way, if he keeps at it, he may have either career choice ahead of him. He has the artistic talent and the charm. 😉

7. Bwahahaha! The difference between those two Leonardos is that only one of them got in trouble for trading fruit snacks in his youth. (daVinci was the culprit, obviously.)

8. No artist could do justice to your beauty, so Jay’s attempt is fine.

9. At least he didn’t mix him up with the Ninja turtle.

10. ‘I’m the king of the world!’
    *in my best da Vinci*

You can’t trade food at lunch??? What’s up with that? Don’t tell me it is an allergy thing.