Hot Damn…I’ve won an Emmy!
Well, not actually an Emmy, but pretty damn close.
I’ve recently been acknowledged with some fantastic awards from a few fellow bloggers. It warms my heart to know that this silly little blog has been given a nod of appreciation. My hope is that I bring a smile to your face with a playful look at parenting and a reminder of the silliness of childhood. Whether you’re a parent, grandparent or are feeling nostalgic for your own youth, I hope these little pearls of wisdom stir up some wonderful memories.
I’d like to shout out a huge thank you to the very kind and adventurous Ms. Mouse over at Miss Mouse Cleans House for honoring me with the Liebster Blog Award. I urge you to head over and check out her crazy cats as they toilet train. Yup, you read that correctly…she has a knack for toilet training cats.
Thank you, thank you, thank you to the always witty and charming Lenore Diane over at Lenore Diane’s Thoughts Exactly for honoring me with the Liebster Blog Award. Run, don’t walk, over to her blog to read her humorous and compassionate take on life. You will be glad you did.
Muchas gracias to the hilarious Texan over at What I Meant 2 Say for honoring me with The Versatile Blogger Award. I pinky swear that she will make you laugh with her wonderful sense of humor.
For The Versatile Blogger Award, you are asked to do the following:
- Thank the person who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
- Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that you’ve included them in your blog post.
- List 7 things about yourself.
I’ve decided I’m going to shake things up a bit and bend a few blogging rules. Instead, I’ve decided to pass this award along to my top 15 commenters. I want them to know that I appreciate their words and view each of their comments as a gift. Without them, this whole blogging thing wouldn’t be nearly as much fun.
Commenters, please do with this award what you wish…pass along The Versatile Blogger Award or put it on a shelf in your home where you can view it privately. No pressure.
Here are my Top 15 Commenters in random order. I urge you to check out this talented bunch.
I would also like to add a special shout out to the blog-less John Erickson (a.k.a. The Goat Whisperer) who always makes me smile with his entertaining comments. And, an extra special thank you to Renee over at Life In The Boomer Lane, without her early endorsement of my blog I would not have many of the above commenters.
Now, onto the fun part…
7 Fun Facts About Me
1. My college degree is in psychology, but I ended up a stock broker which is comical because I suck at math.
2. I was stung by a poisonous stingray in Acapulco, resulting in paralyzing pain and a series of anti-venom shots.
3. I have a crush on the band members of blink-182, which may seem odd to most because (a) I am not an angst-ridden teenager, (b) I do not own a pair of Vans, and (c) I flat-out refuse to wear gauges in my ears and I have no intention of ever piercing my face. I guess I just never outgrew my thing for skinny skater boys.
4. I moved a lot as a kid. The most life changing being from Southern California to New York during October of my senior year in high school. Come to think of it…I actually might be an angst-ridden teenager in a 40-year-old body.
5. I was an au pair in France. I lasted 3 weeks and escaped by hitchhiking a ride on the back of a bread truck.
6. I have crazy curly hair. Think Medusa on crack minus the venomous snakes. Oh, and I’m not a real blonde. Shocking, I know.
7. I always swore that my children would never use crass words like “crap” and “fart.” Instead, I encouraged them to use more charming versions, such as “poo-poo,” “toot” and “bubble”…then they boarded that big yellow bus. “Mom, crap is not a bad word. It’s true…I heard it on the bus.”